Friday, September 25, 2009

Good & Bad Day

The Bad........Today at work I had a little scare. I was spotting a little bit and didn't know why. I called my doctor on my lunch break since the weekend was coming up and she called me back immediately and wanted me to come over right away to check my cervix. My boss let me go and of course on my way out I had a little meltdown (so thank you Mrs. Sanchez for being me shoulder to lean on). I then called my mom and she quickly met me at the doctors office. I'm so thankful that she only works a few miles away. They then took us straight to the sono room to check things out. Well, my cervix actually looked great. It measured long and was completely shut but on the other hand my placenta was hemorrhaging a little bit in one spot. She called it a placenta lake (pool of blood) and that is where my spotting is coming from. So she ordered me to one week of bed rest to let it heal over. Yuck!!!

The Good.........I will not have to be the next add-on case in the OR this afternoon. Yeah! No surgery for me. Thank you God!

Even Better.........While all of this chaos was going on, Peanut decided to flash us his junk! Yup, doctor is very confident that we have another little boy on our hands! Yeah! The only sad part though is that Jarrod and Harleigh weren't there to hear and see the exciting news. So mom and I went across the street to Boswell Gordon flowers and bought a teddy bear and balloon to bring home and surprise them with. Jarrod has been on cloud nine ever since and Harleigh is as happy as can be. She wanted it to be another brother!

2 comments:

Samantha West said...

Glad to hear that all is ok...and you get some rest...so excited for you guys and your baby boy!

Take Care,

Sam

Blankenship Babbles said...

Boy Oh Boy!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! I'm glad things are ok with you and that you were so close to the Dr and Hospital to get seen...that had to be so scary. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Happy Anniversary to the Baggett's today...I can't believe it's been 2 years...hope you have a great one!!!

Love - Mandy