Friday, November 6, 2009

Five more weeks of bed rest

That is right, just when I thought everything was going so good! This afternoon at work I got my unexpected surprise in the toilet AGAIN! Blood, blood, blood! Of course, Dr. Tabor wanted to see me again so off to the clinic I went. Mom was close in the area so she met me there. I just figured it would be the same old story but this time we had another little surprise. The bleeding was still coming from my placenta but we also found out that my cervix is starting to shorten. It dropped a whole centimeter in one week. (4.34cm 10/29 - 2.96cm 11/6) If it drops to 1.8cm then I will be having surgery to sew it shut. So to prevent, I am sentenced to five weeks of bed rest. Five weeks because he wants me to get to 24 weeks before reevaluating. I think this is the age at which my baby could survive outside the womb. So wish me luck and if anyone needs to talk, feel free to call.....I'll be just laying around!

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Oh No honey :( I ran into your Mom last week and everything was still going good :( I hate you are dealing with all of this, but you are doing a great job Momma...you can do it...you can do it :) BTW...I can't seem to find a belly picture on your blog, maybe you could work on that for me :) I'm just saying...

Hang in there...can I bring you dinner one night?!?!?

Thinking and Praying for you!!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... I hate to hear that! This has been quite a roller coaster ride for you guys. But you know, God's riding right there beside you! I'll keep praying. Can't wait to meet this little Baggett baby in March!!! Love you guys!
Nama