Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Emergency Alert System

Funny story ~ This morning I woke Harleigh up around 5:30 and sat her on her bed while I started to look for her something to wear. She was still half asleep. All of the sudden the emergency alert system went off on the t.v. It was just a test but very very loud. Something Harleigh has never heard before. She jumped off her bed, took off down the hall, stopped at the front door and then raced across the living room and stopped at the back door. As soon as she got to the back door she turned around and looked at me with fear all over her face. She had tears in her eyes and was shaking and then asked....."is there a fire?" Ahhhhhhh!! Poor baby...she has fire drills at school every month and thought this was the real thing! I felt so sad for her and just held her for awhile to try to calm her down. After all of it was over, we talked about it and I told her I was very proud of her getting to a door as fast as she could. Only next time, maybe she could grab and drag her mom along also. Ha ha! We ended up laughing about it later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, poor baby! That brings tears to my eyes.

Wynama