Monday, February 16, 2009

Finally...some anwsers!

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon that was very emotional for me. I will have to say it felt pretty weird going there and not being pregnant anymore. The staff was so sweet to me and almost everyone gave me a huge warm hug. After they weighed me and took my blood pressure, Dr. Wiley came in and we started to talk and go over my pathology report from the ER. It was determined that my amniotic fluid/sac was infected. This started a long list of questions from me like: How could I have prevented this? Was it from me taking baths? The underwear I wore? The detergent we used? My cat scratching me? The soap I used? The list could go on and on. She then reassured me that it was nothing that I did or could have prevented. She was just really, really sorry that this happened to us. I don't really understand it all but since this is the second time I have lost a baby over 10 wks I will be going in for some blood work in about 4-6 wks. She rattled off a bunch of things they will be checking for but all I understood were my antibodies and Lupus. The good thing about all of this is that whatever it is they should be able to treat me for it with antibiotics. The bad thing is that we are going to have a very long and emotional pregnancy our next go round. She said that once we hit 10 wks we will probably be in the office every week being highly monitored throughout, and I might be kept on a low dose of antibiotics. Overall, I just want all of this to get squared away so we can get back on track. Easter weekend will be about the time we can start trying again. I can't wait and will do anything to meet the baby that we are supposed to have some day!

No comments: