Thursday, February 12, 2009

Only God Knows Why

We first want to start off by thanking everyone for their love and support the past couple of days. We appreciate all the prayers, flowers, cards, phone calls and e-mails that have been sent. It is such an amazing feeling to know how much people really care for us. Most importantly, as we face this tragic time in our lives, we are keeping God first. We know through all of our hurt and pain that He does have a plan for us.
For those of you who don't know yet, we made a visit to the ER Monday night and sadly to say...we lost our precious baby boy. It still has not been determined exactly what caused me to go into labor but they will be doing a series of tests on me over the next few months. They think I might have had an incompetent cervix that we caught too late, a blood clotting issue, or a slight infection in my uterus since my WBC count was elevated. Once it is determined, they will know exactly what to be watching for our next go round.
Emotionally, it has been pretty tough but through our Lord and Savior I know Jarrod, Harleigh and I can make it through anything. We had a little memorial service for him last night with my parents and our Pastor to put a slight closure on things. Harleigh was having a tough time understanding why we weren't going to her baby brother's funeral. Having the service actually helped us all understand that God has a reason for everything and that our baby boy is safe and in the arms of Jesus now. One day, we will all get to meet him and spend eternity together.
Once again, we thank all of you for your love and support and ask that you do keep our family close in your prayers. The next few weeks, months, etc. will be hard but nothing we can't conquer. Thank you again, we love you all! God Bless, Jarrod & Erin

The Little Children and Jesus
Mark 10:13-16

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We love you guys soo much. Wishing I could give you guys big hugs right now.

Momma Stuart said...

I love you so much, and I am so proud of you how strong you have shown to be through all of this. And god does have a plan laid out for you guys and I can't wait to see what it entails. Your precious baby boy will always be in our hearts, and we will continue to pray for you, Jarrod, and Harleigh. I love you and it was so good to see you today. Hope the cookies turn out great!!